After volunteering to serve in the Marine Corps in Vietnam, Robert Rosenberg worked his way through Montclair State College, graduating magna cum laude in six semesters. He then received a scholarship to Rutgers Law School. Since he began practice in 1977, Mr. Rosenberg has established a statewide reputation, mostly due to his aggressive approach against insurance companies and his quick and decisive action to achieve results for his clients. He has successfully handled numerous cases each with client recoveries of over $1 million, including one for $3.9 million for the victim of an eye injury, $1.3 million for the victim of a sexual assault and $1.3 million for a motorcycle accident case. He recently finalized a $998,000 settlement for an injured construction worker and a large settlement on behalf of the families of two victims of a mid-air collision.
Mr. Rosenberg is also renowned in the shore area for representation of those charged with crimes or other offenses. He has successfully handled everything from death penalty murder cases to speeding tickets.
Mr. Rosenberg instructs at county and state police academies and has lectured at various colleges on his areas of specialty, in addition to giving seminars to other lawyers. He is a member of the P.B.A. legal protection fund. He has served as a member of the Criminal Practice Committee, the Civil Practice Committee and Municipal Court Practice Committee of the Ocean County Bar Association.
In October 2005, Mr. Rosenberg was named "Professional Lawyer of the Year" for Ocean County by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the law. For many years he has been AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, representing the highest rating given to lawyers for both legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Rosenberg is married with two children.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Personal Injury Cases
- Criminal Cases
- Municipal Court Cases
- Workers Compensation Cases
- New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey
- Honors: magna cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Professional Lawyer of the Year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ocean County Bar Association, 1977
- Ocean County Bar Association, Member, Civil Practice Committee
- Ocean County Bar Association, Chairman, Criminal Practice Committee
- Ocean County Bar Association, Chairman, Municipal Court Practice Committee
- Ocean County Bar Association, Member, Civil Arbitration Committee
- U.S. Marine Corp. / Vietnam Veteran
- Military Veterans Fraternity
Past Employment Positions
- U.S.M.C, 1968 to 1970