Your New Jersey Injury And Workers’ Compensation Law Firm
- Workers Compensation 85%
- Personal Injury 15%
Mr. Kirby graduated third in his class from Gettysburg College in 1978 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, the National Collegiate Honor Society.
After working his way through Rutgers Law School, Newark, Mr. Kirby worked as an associate for a law firm and then was made partner, specializing in representing insurance companies and defendants who were sued in personal injury cases. This experience has given him a unique perspective and experience in understanding how insurance companies handle claims and what they take into consideration in valuing, settling and trying cases.
In 1989, Mr. Kirby and Robert Rosenberg formed a partnership dedicated to representing the injured. That practice has now grown to include partners Michael P. Cahill, Kevin M. Stankowitz and Derek L. Richardson.
Over the past 15 years, Mr. Kirby's practice has increasingly focused on individuals who have been injured in the course of their employment. He has obtained and continues to obtain significant monetary awards and recoveries, now practicing primarily in New Jersey Workers' Compensation Courts. He works closely with his partners in cases where the injury occurred both at work and as a result of the fault of another person or company.
Mr. Kirby has an extensive knowledge of New Jersey Personal Injury Law and New Jersey Workers Compensation Law. Using this experience, he has obtained total disability awards for many clients through both trials and settlements.
Mr. Kirby has successfully argued a number of cases before the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Court, involving personal injury as well as workers compensation law.
Mr. Kirby is a member of the New Jersey Council on Safety and Health and a former member of the Ocean County Bar Association's Ethics Committee and co-chair of the Workers' Compensation Committee.
He combines aggressive and passionate representation of his clients with understanding and compassion for his clients' individual circumstances.
Mr. Kirby has been married for 26 years to his high school sweetheart and has two daughters.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: History
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- Ocean County Bar Association, 1990 to Present
- New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety and Health, 2012
- State Farm Mutual Auto Ins. Co. v. Pizzi, 505 A.2d 160 108, 1986, 108 N.J. Super 152
- Scott v. Foodarama Supermarkets, 942 A.2d 107, 2008, 398 N.J. Super 441
- State Farm Mut. Auto Ins. Co. v. Unsatisfied Claim and Judgement Fund, 469 A.2d 55, 1983, 192 N.J. Super 26
- Ward v. Davidowitz, 468 A.2d 250, 1983, 191 N.J. Super 518
- Ryan v. Henderson, 533 A.2d 70, 1986, 220 N.J. Super 589
- Campbell Foley, Partner, 1982 to 1989
- Lee, Murphy & Cernigliaro
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Chi